– be graduating from Park Rapids Area High School.
– have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
– be a State Bank of Park Rapids account holder or child of an account holder
– plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two-year or
four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the Fall following graduation.
Consideration will be given to past academic performance and future potential, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational aspirations and goals, and unusual personal or family circumstances.
– Scholarship award has been $4000 the past several years.
– $1000 is paid the Fall after high school graduation. The remainder of the award is paid $1000 per year up to 3 years or until a bachelor’s degree is obtained as long as the student has satisfactory academic performance and maintains full-time enrollment.
– awards are for undergraduate study only
– financial need will not be considered
Applications are available at State Bank of Park Rapids beginning in early February. Applications must be mailed directly to Scholarship America and postmarked by March 15. State Bank of Park Rapids does not choose scholarship recipients. The recipient will be notified by mid-May.